what you get here

This is not a blog which opines on current events. It rather uses incidents, books (old and new), links and papers to muse about our social endeavours.
So old posts are as good as new! And lots of useful links!

The Bucegi mountains - the range I see from the front balcony of my mountain house - are almost 120 kms from Bucharest and cannot normally be seen from the capital but some extraordinary weather conditions allowed this pic to be taken from the top of the Intercontinental Hotel in late Feb 2020

Monday, May 27, 2024

ScotRail needs to pull its socks up!

ScotRail is one of the few privatised companies to be brought back, after 25 years, into public ownership – a measure supported by at least two thirds of British.citizens. And the 4th July General Election gives the electorate the opportunity to deliver that message to a tired and incoherent government which, for the past year, ihas been lagging some 20% behind the main Opposition party.

Next Sunday I have to fly to Scotland and tried, this weeknd, to book a ticket 
on ScotRail’s site from Edinburgh to London to see my new grandson for the 
first time. I tried no fewer than 5 times – first with a RBS credit card and 
twice with a Romanian credit card – but always with a Romanian telephone 
number. To no avail. I started to have dark thoughts of racial intent. 
In desperation, I asked my daughter to try but she, with a British credit 
card and London telephone number, also failed.
I lodged complaints on the ScotRail website - only to receive the 
message that they would reply on 10 June!!! That's two full weeks away! Any 
normal organisation takes 3-4 working days to deal with a service difficulty!
Get the finger out, ScotRail!

No comments:

Post a Comment