what you get here

This is not a blog which opines on current events. It rather uses incidents, books (old and new), links and papers to muse about our social endeavours.
So old posts are as good as new! And lots of useful links!

The Bucegi mountains - the range I see from the front balcony of my mountain house - are almost 120 kms from Bucharest and cannot normally be seen from the capital but some extraordinary weather conditions allowed this pic to be taken from the top of the Intercontinental Hotel in late Feb 2020

Monday, December 31, 2018

America's lost soul

It was, of course, Jimmy Carter whose words graced the last post.....uttered in 1979 at the height of America's fuel crisis.
I've used both quotations not so much to make a contrast with the present incumbent as to emphasise how warped the US perspective has become over the years. In a lifetime, any sense of social responsibility has disappeared....

I had no sooner posted this than I came across an article by George Monbiot which demonstrates the scale of the work being carried out by big business to identify and exploit our weaknesses for their benefit – and the extent of academic and university complicity…..
As it happens, my bookshop browsing had made me very aware of the huge number of titles now available on the latest social psychology research – of which Before you Know It is  good example
Indeed, I even devoted an important post last month to the subject

Later today I will upload my little E-book of the year's posts....

No comments:

Post a Comment