what you get here

This is not a blog which opines on current events. It rather uses incidents, books (old and new), links and papers to muse about our social endeavours.
So old posts are as good as new! And lots of useful links!

The Bucegi mountains - the range I see from the front balcony of my mountain house - are almost 120 kms from Bucharest and cannot normally be seen from the capital but some extraordinary weather conditions allowed this pic to be taken from the top of the Intercontinental Hotel in late Feb 2020

Monday, August 3, 2015

New Blogs

Like most active bloggers, I have a section on the site which lists my “favourite links” – and, like most bloggers, I rarely update it or even reference them myself all that often.
And I find that my taste for blogs change – some soon pall for their rants; others (eg Craig Murray) begin to annoy for their predictable contrariness even although I will still access them.

A few of the good ones send me automatic updates – generally the collective sites such as Eurozine journal, RSA and the Real World Economist blogs; the great Scottish Review E-journal; and one single blogger How to Save the World.

Those I have discovered in the past year which deserve a special mention include –
Poemas del rio Wang - the most amazing site which tends to focus on memories of old central and east European lands; which runs some trips to them; but whose current series is on Iran
That’s How the Light Gets In – the imaginative site of a retired Liverpudlian Polytechnic lecturer with strong cultural tastes
Michael Roberts blog - an elegantly written Marxist economist blog
Econblog101- a blog about economic matters written by a German
Club Orlov – a very original “end-of-oil” blog by a writer who has written several fascinating books
Stumbling and Mumbling - a rather academic blog with, however, good hyperlinks 
Britain is no Country for Older Men – an informative (if rather sexist) blog which celebrates the life achievements of various unsung heroes
Paul Cairney; politics and public policy – one of the best academic blogs for me, written by a Scottish Professor who explains in clear language the approach to various aspects of public policy

And a recent one whose title Economy for the common good resonates with my own new website - Mapping the Common Ground - leading in turn to another new interesting site - Take Back the Economy which was discussing Paul Mason’s new book Postcapitalism – a Guide to the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment